Frequently Asked Questions
What are your delivery areas and delivery days?
- Tuesday: Everett, Silver Firs, Mill Creek, Bothell (east of I-405), Woodinville (limited)
- Wednesday: Mukilteo, Anacortes, Oak Harbor ($2 rural delivery fee), Coupeville ($2 rural delivery fee), Inglewood, Kirkland (north of NE 116th St), Bothell (west of I-405), Kenmore (south of Hwy 522)
- Thursday: Snohomish, Harbour Pointe, Lynnwood, Edmonds, Woodway, Mountlake Terrace, Lake Forest Park, Brier, Shoreline (north of N 145th St), Kenmore (north of Hwy 522)
- Friday: Arlington, Marysville, Lake Stevens, Monroe
- Saturday: Sedro-Woolley, Burlington, Mount Vernon, Camano Island, Stanwood, Warm Beach, Kayak Point, Tulalip, Lake Goodwin
Can I change my delivery day?
No. We are only in our delivery areas on certain days, so delivery days cannot be changed.
When do you need to receive an order or changes to an existing order?
- Tuesday customers: By 8:00 a.m. on the Monday before your delivery day.
- Wednesday customers: By 8:00 a.m. on the Monday before your delivery day.
- Thursday customers: By 8:00 a.m. on the Tuesday before your delivery day.
- Friday customers: By 8:00 a.m. on the Wednesday before your delivery day.
- Saturday customers: By 8:00 a.m. on the Thursday before your delivery day.
- Delivery cancellations after these times may incur a $10 last minute cancellation fee.
- All customers: Orders or changes are due by 8:00 a.m. on the Friday before your delivery week.
Does someone have to be home to receive the delivery?
No. We will leave the box at your front door or at a location that you set up with us beforehand.
How do I pay for my order?
1. Visa, MasterCard, or Discover debit or credit card
- For your security and assurance, Klesick Farms meets the Visa/MasterCard Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP) Standard.
- Debit/credit cards are automatically processed the business day before your delivery; at which time, your card will be charged the full balance due on your account.
- In the event that debit/credit charges are declined when payment is due, service may be suspended until payment is successfully processed or other payment arrangements are made.
- If you would prefer to pay by check please contact our office to let us know.
- For your first delivery, please place your check in an envelope with our name on it and affix it to your front door (if you prefer a different location just let us know). Your Klesick delivery person will take your payment and leave your order.
- For subsequent deliveries, please place your payment inside the empty produce box and leave it next to your front door (unless you have arranged a different delivery location). Your Klesick delivery person will take both the payment and the empty box and leave your new order.
- Please make checks payable to: Klesick Farms. Please include your customer number in the memo section (the customer number is the 8 character code found on your invoice (for example, FARM1234).
- Payment is required with each delivery. If payment is not received on or before your next scheduled delivery, service may be suspended until payment is successfully processed or other payment arrangements are made.
Will you send me an invoice?
An invoice is included with each delivery. Invoices can also be viewed by accessing your online account.
What do I do if I forget to leave out the empty box from my last delivery?
Just leave it out on your following delivery day.
How much do boxes weigh?
Boxes are not packaged based on weight, but on the retail value of the items inside. Throughout the year, the box weight and content quantities will change, but the retail value is still the same.
Is there a delivery fee?
There is no delivery fee if your order includes one of our standard boxes of produce, as the cost of delivery is included in the price of each box. Orders that do not include a standard box will incur an additional $3.50 delivery charge; however, this charge is waived when your delivery order total is $20 or more.
Is there tax?
Tax is only applied if you order a taxable item. There is no tax on food in Washington.
Can I substitute certain items in the box with something else?
Yes. We allow substitutions to be made for every box except the Northwest, Juice, Recipe, and Essentials Boxes. There is a $1.00 fee for each type of item substituted. If you would like to make a substitution please call our office, as substitutions cannot be made online.
How can I know what is being delivered in advance of my delivery day?
Thursday afternoon we update the “This Week’s Box Menu” page on our website with new menus for the coming week. Please note, however, that menu items are subject to change without notice due to quantity or quality issues.
I did not receive my delivery, so what should I do?
- If you ordered online, is your order still in your shopping cart? Occasionally, a customer does not complete the checkout process and so the order never reaches us.
- Did someone else take your box into the house? Sometimes a helpful spouse, child, or roommate has been known to bring in the box and put the produce away.
- Was the box placed in a non-standard location? Once in a while, a delivery person may leave a box behind a nearby shrub to keep the produce out of direct sunlight.
- Could the box have been stolen? Thankfully, this very rarely happens, as there is usually some other cause. Because we are not responsible for stolen orders, it is important to make sure that your delivery is going to a safe location. If you have special delivery instructions for where you would like us to deliver your order please contact our office.
- If you still can’t find your box, please call our office as soon as possible. If you notify us soon enough, we may be able to remedy the situation that same day or week.
What do you deliver in the winter months?
Our focus is always local first. When local produce is unavailable, we purchase certified organic produce from trusted suppliers.
Do you sell produce at your farm?
Presently, we do not have a retail outlet on our farm. We have chosen to focus our efforts on home delivery.
Is everything in the box certified organic?
Everything in the box is certified organic unless otherwise noted.
Are you a certified organic farm?
Although our farm is not certified organic, the fruits and vegetables from our farm are grown in a manner consistent with our belief that healthy food comes from healthy soils. Therefore, we do not use synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers on our fields. Our farm is currently certified a Salmon Safe Farm with Stewardship Partners.
What do you grow on your farm?
On our farm we raise potatoes, spinach, carrots, lettuce, onions, beets, winter squash, green beans, cucumbers, cabbage, sugar snap peas, fresh herbs, and a few other vegetables and fruits. We also raise all natural grass-fed beef and hay.